Spotify Premium Users Get Better Functions & Sleeker Design for Music & Podcasts
Spotify just launched a major update to the “Your Library” feature on Premium accounts. Podcasts, which are just as popular as music, will now be on the same footing, as music. Also, the design will get a sleeker look and be sure to appease music fans.
One of the changes to the Spotify Library will have users tap or swipe to toggle between new tabs for Podcasts and Music. Beneath each section, it’ll now be easier to control and access the content.
Pressing the Music tab automatically drops the user into their Playlists section. It is here they’ll find the artists they follow and the list of saved albums. From there, a pull-down menu will let you search, sort, and filter.
According to HypeBot:
- Liked Songs – With this overdue feature, every time you “heart” a song, it’s added to a new Liked Songs playlist
- Playlists Offline – When offline, Spotify automatically sorts playlists to show the ones downloaded and available.
- Artists – This new section lists all of the artists you follow. To add an artist to this section, tap the “follow” button on the artist’s page.
- Albums – Tap the heart icon on any album, and it’s saved to this section.
The new design for podcasts offers its own changes as well. There will be three distinct sections: Episodes, Downloads, and Shows.
According to Spotify:
- Episodes: The Episodes tab allows you to quickly find new episodes or resume podcasts you’re listening to, so picking up where you left off is a snap. And further down the list you’ll find newly released episodes of all the podcasts you follow. So, for example, the episode of The Rewind with Guy Raz that you paused yesterday will appear up top, followed by the new episode of Jemele Hill is Unbothered you’d been waiting for.
- Downloads: This tab serves as your repository for the podcast episodes you’ve downloaded—so you can listen even when you’re offline.
- Shows: The new Shows tab allows you to quickly manage the podcasts you follow and explore their past episodes. The higher up a podcast appears on your list in this section, the more recently a new episode became available.