5 Under 5k: Illtalian, Warren Christian, Philip Joubert, Ray Espinoza, Jay Sanon
5 Under 5k: June Edition
We are excited to be 3 months into our #5Under5k segment. This month we are highlighting artists in June who have great potential as well as awesome music, and are standouts to our staff here at NewH2O.
The qualifiers? That they make great Christ-centric music and have under 5,000 monthly listeners on Spotify.
Our goal is that we can highlight artists who you might not be familiar with and give a spotlight to some of the underdogs who can get overlooked.
This group of artists are incredibly talented and super dope – we are excited to share!
- Illtalian might be one of the hardest working independent artists in Christian Hip Hop. From his debut album “Makana” to his more recent tracks alongside Warren Christian (our next #5Under5k contender, it doesn’t seem like he will be letting up anytime soon. Recently Illtalian won a Hawaiian Grammy and has another project in store for us in the near future. If you haven’t already, check out his music and become a fan!
Warren Christian (@Artchrs)
- Warren Christian is 1/3 of the Christian Hip Hop group Artificial Christian based out of Phoenix Arizona. Warren’s charisma, rhyme patterns and creative flows has made him a stand-out, even without having a notable Spotify presence. You can hear him on Illtalian’s latest single below and on Artificial Christian’s Beautiful Art project.
Phillip Joubert (@phillipjoubert)
- Phillip Joubert caught our lead editor Luc’s attention with his music video for “Four Week Notice”. Honestly, finding gems like Phillip remind us of how much great, God glorifying music there is out there – sometimes we get lost in the weeds of submissions and seeing the same names pop up over and over. This was not only a breath of fresh air but an exciting find – Phillip can RAP and his message and content are on-point. Check him out and get hip!
Ray Espinoza (@rayespinozamatos)
- Ray Espinoza has sent us music before that we posted (see here) but he was somewhat in obscurity for a period of time. We are pretty active on Twitter and he isn’t so it was hard to follow-up with him and touch base. Thankfully though, Ray sent some more new music our way and we have been rocking out to the project since. His most recent music video to “Say Something” is simple but heartfelt and organic. Ray definitely deserves a listen – check his music out below.
Jay Sanon (@jaysanon)
- Jay Sanon has been consistently putting out great music but hasn’t quite gotten his just due. His most recent works “Swerve Off” and “Five Fifty Seven” are solid all the way around from production to vocals. Check out this NewH2O favorite below!