5 Under 5k featuring Atiba Halisi, Ian Kenville, Scribe, Young Bro, Tarcea Renee
5 Under 5k: July Edition
We are excited to be 3 months into our #5Under5k segment. This month we are highlighting artists in July who have great potential as well as awesome music, and are standouts to our staff here at NewH2O.
The qualifiers? That they make great Christ-centric music and have under 5,000 monthly listeners on Spotify.
Our goal is that we can highlight artists who you might not be familiar with and give a spotlight to some of the underdogs who can get overlooked.
This group of artists are incredibly talented and super dope – we are excited to share!
Atiba Halisi (Iam_AtibaHalisi)
- Atiba Halisi is a talent that should be shared with the world. The battle rapper and former Cross Movement apprentice has been making waves in the Philadelphia scene for awhile now. His newest project “Act II: 33” is chock full of thick bars that keep you hitting repeat.
- The young prodigy Ian Kenville (fka Arson Child) began establishing himself as a serious artist in high school. Making a name for himself at the age of 18, he’s seen notable success including co-headlining a tour with Shiwan. The future is bright for Ian, as his debut album is expected this fall.
- Scribe has been on the scene in Canada making move and noise at a steady pace. His music is always compelling, powerful and well mixed and mastered. The way that he presents his art is like that of dry-aged beef: You just can’t wait to sink your teeth in! Check out his latest release “Send Help” below!
Young Bro (Facebook)
- Young Bro makes music that rocks your soul in a serious way. The love of God is a focal point for his tracks and his style is reminiscent of Bryann Trejo/Kingdom Muzic or similarly God Over Money. Great production and rhymes and definitely worth a listen!
Tarcea Renee (@tarcearenee)
- Tarcea Renee became a Christian Rap artist in 2011, shortly after giving her life to Christ. Her goal is to encourage unbelievers and empower believers with Christ-centric art. Her newest single “Keep It Lit” has garnered a few clicks recently, and her 3rd studio album will be delivered soon.