Philadelphia native Eshon Burgundy will release his highly anticipated third album, The Passover on May 27th. Following 2015’s Billboard charting The Fear of God, Burgundy’s new album, a 10 song set, showcases an energized and renewed Eshon, masterfully fusing incisive and reverent lyrics with dynamic production. The theme of this album, Eshon explains:
…is loosely inspired by ‘The Passover’ of Exodus. The story is a powerful one about God delivering His chosen people, held captive by Pharaoh in Egypt, out of bondage. As they obeyed His commands, they were spared – passed over unharmed by the death angel when it arrived as the finale of God’s 10 plagues. This account in the Bible is about liberation and as a man once confined to the four walls of a public housing community, I share the experience of an oppressed people.
Growing up, my community, Passyunk Homes, wasn’t designed as an outlet – it was more like a dead end. Living in makeshift houses made of cinder blocks and tar, I saw a world filled with drug dealers, drug addicts and crime. A few of my friends were killed – I was almost killed, but the Lord spared and delivered me. I’m grateful – that by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal death angel has passed over my soul – this album is an expression of that.
Accompanying The Passover, will be the first collection of exclusive merchandise from NFTRY Brand Apparel, Eshon Burgundy’s collaborative effort with Maison de Grace (House of Grace). Log onto theNFTRY.com for Exclusive Passover Pre-Order Packages, as well as information on the newly branded Music Group, NFTRY (formerly SAMG).
1. Intro (Prod. by Radley Raw)
2. Bless Ya Name feat. Th3 Saga (Prod. by J. Rhodan)
3. What I Prayed For feat. ABIV (Prod. by Nick Joyal)
4. Dead Letter (Prod. by DreKnowss)
5. The Great Exchange (Currency) feat. Jeremiah Bligen (Prod. By Wontel)
6. Gunz x Rosez (Prod. by Apollo Brown)
7. Before I Chose You feat. Parade (Prod. By Wontel)
8. Pray (Extended) feat. Jeremiah Bligen (Prod. by J. Rhodan)
9. Can’t Tell Time (Prod. by Agee Boy)
10. Smoke and Fire feat. Stef Silva (Prod. by Carnegie)
Executive Producers: Dee Black, Maison de Grace (House of Grace) & Agee Boy