President Obama yesterday spoke at this years National Prayer Breakfast. He speaks on fear and what it has done to us or what it will make us do. President Obama goes onto quote 2 Timothy 1:7 and says:

For me, and I know for so many of you, faith is the great cure for fear. Jesus is a good cure for fear. God gives believers the power, the love, the sound mind required to conquer any fear, and what more important moment for that faith than right now? … What better time than these changing tumultuous times to have Jesus standing beside us, steadying our minds, cleansing our hearts, pointing us towards what matters. His love gives us the power to resist fear’s temptations.

For those of you wondering what 2 Timothy 1:7 says:

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

1. Brandon Roots

Heartburn when you dont write your own speeches….like a pastor not writing his own sermons…

2. Nick Chow

Agreed… I was thinking, did he actually write this? Then I said “probably not” haha

3. Brandon Roots

never has and never will, and singing amazing grace… I wonder how that looked….[sing amazing grace here and smile]

4. hypercoyote

It’s nice to hear our leader speak the name of Jesus Christ, albeit a bit politically sanitized.  I’d hate to be in his shoes to try and live life as a believer and at the same time try to please a nation full of unbelievers.  I don’t condemn him, but it’s hard to respect him as a man of God when he’s congratulating people on their sin.

Also, Jesus is not *a good cure for fear*, He is *the only* cure for fear.  Jesus is Perfect Love and Perfect Love casts out all fear.

5. Jordan Billinghurst

Just youtube Obama mocking GOD and the bible . To bad the planet krypton is not around any longer ; because then we could send him back to where he says he comes from . Since he was not born in a manger or the US of A .

6. Jordan Billinghurst

New H2O just wondering why you posted this ? Unless you fell for his scripted rant ?

7. New H2O

We posted it to keep people informed on things going on within our country regarding faith and religion. We reported on the national prayer breakfast.

8. Jordan Billinghurst

Well I guess in regards to faith (All) ? If you do your research on Obama you will find out that his faith is not the same as a true follower of Christ Jesus .

9. New H2O

You can also research Lecrae and find he sold his soul and is an illuminati member U0001f600

10. Jordan Billinghurst

Thank you for your response . I pray that you bring this subject before the Lord Jesus and ask for discernment .

11. Jordan Billinghurst

New H2O ; could you answer me this one question before we start any more dialogue . Did God come in the flesh ?

12. New H2O

Hi Jordan we aren’t going to debate with you. We will let you know that when we report on people we don’t ever assume their relationship with God if it isn’t clear. We don’t know most of these people so we are unable to ask questions regarding their heart. We ask that you pray for these people because God could be working on them at this exact moment in time.

13. Jordan Billinghurst

The question I asked you is not up for debate . It is a Yes or No answer . Actually it is usually a Yes ! Or it is usually not answered . As it seems to be not answered ?

14. hypercoyote

Hold up, let me translate this real quick. This is church talk for saying “I’m right and you’re wrong”.

15. hypercoyote

I think what he’s saying in his lack of response is that there’s not going to be fruit in this conversation.  I get your point, that this potentially could’ve been a trolling article, or it could have been posted as general information too.  I get your points based on our President’s shakiness on the things of God, but like H2O says, we don’t truly know his heart.  We know what it looks like, but we don’t know it for real.  But I will say, in a world where it’s political suicide to even acknowledge Jesus Christ, He’s done more than most in this video.